This device can emulate for BMW EWS 2 and EWS 3.2 immobilizer (EWS module) in cases when old system restore is impossible (faulty EWS, lost or damaged transponders, continuous problems with rolling codes etc.).
In case of EWS3.2 similar procedure is used, only difference is that that it is NOT connected directly to diagnostic K-line.
There are NO any counters or car starts limited. You can change and store new ISN without any limitations.
Emulator is shipped with JUMPER 1 shorted. For testing purposes ISN 0579 is stored by default.
1. Remove old EWS2 control unit, find +12v ACC, GND, K-line wires, attach emulator. Emulator must be in service mode: JUMPER 1 shorted.
2. Connect ANY K-line diagnostic adapter to vehicle diagnostic connector and launch EMULATOR CONFIGURATION UTILITY:
3. Choose COM port, write in desired ISN number, press button Store. Or –
4. For some ECU s it is possible to read ISN number directly from engine control unit. In this case select option "ECU xxxxx", press Read. Software will try to read ISN. If successful, choose option "EWS emulator" and press button Store to save ISN number into emulator.
5. Disconnect emulator from K-line, remove JUMPER 1 and connect K output from emulator to DME(DDE) <-> EWS line.
6. Don't forget to short two starter relay wires (EWS connector)!
7. Car is ready to start.
1 x Emulator
We provide clear pictures, measurements where possible. Please check as much as possible to make sure the item is the one that you need.
All dimensions are measured by hand, Please allow 0.5-1 inch difference due to manual measurement.(1inch=2.54cm).
There Are No English Instructions Included In This Kit. Professional Installation Is Highly Recommended!